The chapter year runs from September 1 to August 31. Your membership is valid for 1 full calendar year from the time you pay your dues.
- 1 year – $20
- 2 years – $30
- 3 years – $40
- Students- $5 per year
What do your dues go towards?
- Annual DC-AMS scholarship – a portion of your dues contributes to the scholarship awarded to a local high school senior who will begin studying ecology, sustainability, and the sciences.
- Refreshments for Meetings – The chapter always provides refreshments to members for formal meetings.
- Meeting Incidentals –Occasionally, there are admission costs for a specific location or there is an event that requires payment for use of a room or equipment. Dues payments allow us to either cover or defray these costs.
- Chapter upkeep – Webhosting, bank fees, postage, printing, etc.
- Annual AMS Meeting – Typically we just pay to print the chapter poster which an officer exhibits at the Annual AMS meeting. However, we will help defray the cost for an officer to attend the meeting if none are already scheduled to attend.